Bridge over Indian Creek - 1889 to the present
Built in 1889 by J. D. Torr & Co., the Indian Lake Covered Bridge was listed as #14-49-06 in the World Guide (according to G. Gould's 1977 list) and lost in 1958. This single span Howe Truss structure had a length of 84 feet, or 102 feet including the 4-foot overhang at each end, with a portal clearance 15 feet 6 inches wide by 11 feet high. From the book Covered Bridges of the Middle West by Richard Sanders Allen.
Indian Lake covered bridge, taken in the late forties or early fifties. Courtesy of Jerry Dinger.

Bridge built in 1958 to replace the flood-damaged original. Taken July, 2009.
Plaque commemorating the construction of the 1958 bridge.
1958 bridge showing the location of the plaque.

After more than fifty years of service, the 1958 bridge had become structurally unsound. In April 2011, the bridge was demolished to make way for a replacement.
The footings were retained for the new bridge.
The deck of the new bridge curing, July 2011. The deck was done as a continuous pour.
The molds in place for the pouring of the side rails.
The new bridge opened to traffic on October 15, 2011.